How to spend yourself rich.

 


Oh my! It is a miserable life scrimping and saving and wealth never seems to come any closer!!

Along with extreme thrift comes poverty consciousness. We come to believe good things are not for us and this affects the possibilities we can see. Is it possible to spend freely, to feel rich and somehow attract good things to us as a result?

We shall see.

My first step was to create incentives for myself- cheap treats that encourage me to add money to my side hustle fund which currently stands at £6000. What (cheap) things do I enjoy? I enjoy shop-bought breakfasts and will have a different one every time I add £1000 to the fund. Yet, this is not quite the subjective sensation I was seeking. I want to feel the warm glow of wellbeing and conditional awards cannot quite achieve this. Strangely, nothing gives this glow of well-being more than observing other peoples wealth and so I spend time wandering around the nicer parts of London photographing things for my Instagram account.

Beauty is unlike other forms of wealth in that it is always shared- there is no way the builders of these beautiful buildings can reserve the beauty for themselves- it is always shared and so their wealth is my wealth also.

I also feel wealthy when I help others. It is the ultimate proof that I have more than I need but in order to have this effect it must come from the heart rather than virtue signalling.

Comments