February adventure.

Hyde Park is larger than you would think and takes a day to explore properly.

The police throw me from Speakers Corner so I stand beneath a tree pointing.

The police seem to have great confidence in my ability to raise a crowd and by doing so spread the virus. I try to reassure them that I am not a popular speaker and repel large crowds better than tear gas but they do not believe me.

I am feeling slightly more optimistic as I am now investing £150 a month in premium bonds. £75 is part of my 'thrift' campaign and £75 as part of 'buy it for life'. This involves spending £75 a month on items that will last a long time in the hope they will save money in the longer term. I buy warm winter clothing from a company called Hebtroco with a limited lifetime guarantee and turn my home heating down a little at the same time. Unfortunately, it will take a hundred years to make my money back this way particularly as I go way over budget- £1000 or so.

I may have stalled my plan at this point as my 'buy it for life' items only generate £1 a month at the most and yet it will take 14 months to pay for it all. Not freezing to death is an advantage of course but hard to quantify.


Comments