What is it all about?



What is it all about? Why bother with money provided I can eat? Two things.

First of all freedom is an interesting game. It has its own rules and challenges just as any computer game has and is worth playing for the entertainment value. Second. I can do good.




I am changing my supermarket from Aldi to Morrisons. The difference in price is small. Aldi is what is known as a 'deep discounter' while Morrisons is the cheapest of the full service supermarkets (meaning loyalty points and some attempt to make shopping enjoyable). The real advantage goes to the animals. Morrison are almost entirely Red Tractor which ensures that UK standards are followed. At present due to EU law we may enforce animal welfare on our own farmers but not exclude foreign meat that does not comply. Of course Britain has left the EU but still obeys largely out of habit. There is also a food safety benefit for the consumer.




One additional benefit is that all Morrisons unsold food goes to food banks or the homeless. I would guess that the small premium I now pay is covered twice over in benefits to the poor.



The photographs BTW are from Speakers Corner.

Comments