Project Unicorn (£1,353 a year).


  •  Works well in the UK but to some extent everywhere.
  •  The object is to slightly simplify life by reducing the number of loyalty schemes I am a member of while extracting maximum value from them.
  • Estimated saving of £1,353 a year. (two London priced coffee a day £1533 a year reduced to £180 a year).
  • Smoothies and milk drinks (allowable on some schemes) are quite filling and can allow me to skip lunch on occasion resulting in further savings.
  • Project Unicorn- because the aim is to reduce my loyalty schemes to one and unicorns have only one horn.
  • The picture is of Hyde Park in London.

Good news for coffee drinkers in the UK and the USA! Coffee may now be bought in a subscription basis meaning multiple visits a day for as little as £15 a month or $5 in the USA. This offers spectacular value compared with buying them by the cup. At present I am with Prett A Manger as they were the first to enter the market and have branches everywhere. I may change to Leon as I prefer their coffee and they charge only £15 a month.

The only downside is that I now have a number of loyalty schemes that I will be unable to realise. First I look at my paper stamp cards. These are not impressive as they offer one 'free' coffee for every six or more paid cups. Furthermore they get lost or dog eared very easily. I have transferred some of these stamps to RWRD which is an electronic version of the same thing. The reward remains the same but it is now stored on an app (iOS and Android) and therefore safer.

Subcard is a different matter as I value this scheme and it offers 'free' coffee with its meal deals. This leaves me with more 'free' coffee than I can drink. This suggests there is no point in being a member of both schemes.

My solution is to take a holiday once my current pass expires. This lets me fill up my RWRD app and realise my Subcard points before re subscribing to a subscription deal.

Comments